Click column header to sort
Amazon.com is seeking a Creative Director to lead the Creative Services team at our Brilliance Publishing subsidiary in our Grand Haven, Michigan office. This team is responsible for creating a variety of visual content from single digital ads to fully integrated marketing campaigns. Additional areas of focus include social media graphics, in-house video, photography, UI/UX projects, and book cover design.
As the leader of this team, you will manage art directors, senior designers and production designers in the creation of original and modified visual content for a wide range of upstream and downstream clients in our print and audiobook publishing. You will forge strong relationships with key business partners in Brilliance Publishing and Amazon Publishing and represent Brilliance Creative Services by evangelizing our capabilities and innovation across our full range of partners. You will define and assure achievement of a high creative bar and design aesthetic that defines the experience for Amazon and Brilliance customers. Your team will create innovative and visually striking creative pieces that tell stories and drive business performance..
The success of this team is measured by the quality of the work it produces. The leading candidate for this role is someone who excels at managing a team with varied, sometimes competing, deliverables, while developing each member of the team to his/her greatest potential. The Creative Director will not produce content, but must be passionate about actively leading and developing the team of art directors and designers, and be committed to creating great work for our authors.
The broad scope of our creative work is results-driven, so strong interpersonal and time-management skills are a must. Brilliance and Amazon rely on effective analytics, so a strength in raising the bar using data and writing reports is essential. The Creative Director must also have excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
The Digital Marketing Associate will have responsibility for executing, monitoring and optimizing multiple social media campaigns in support of our top titles and authors. This work will include the tactical execution of our paid social initiatives as well as oversight and development of our organic social platform. Additionally, this role will be responsible for all marketing related copy writing, with primary focus on our social media plans. While initially focused on social media execution this role has the potential to expand into other relevant digital spaces such as SEO/SEM, display and email targeting.
The successful candidate will have a critical eye for details that is required to execute and optimize market-leading awareness and conversion based social media programs. Diving deep and using data to construct a point of view and delivering thoughtful recommendations on where and how to optimize our social media tactics will in turn drive efficiency and a return on investment that will help the business grow. The ability to manage multiple milestones and shifting requirements in a fluid, fast-moving environment—while keeping senior stakeholders updated on your progress—is critical to success in this position.
• Driving the day to day execution of our digital marketing strategies with primary focus on our paid social media initiatives, including: trafficking creative, monitoring campaign effectiveness, managing budgets and driving optimization across multiple campaigns.
• Leading the development of our organic social media platform, and drive the overall execution of the plan.
• Social media thought leadership: Infuse our plans with leading edge and highly efficient approaches to reach customers and authors, and deliver a return on our investment.
• Create pre-campaign launch plan summaries for our authors.
• Create proof-of-performance campaign reports for authors, detailing how each campaign landed.
• Identifying and designing test and lean opportunities to scale into broader efforts.
• Tracking and reporting: lead the analysis of performance across digital campaigns, track performance and report to the organization.
• Copy writing: manage all copy writing for our social media initiatives.
Amazon.com is looking for a proven Software Development Engineer for its Michigan-based subsidiary – Brilliance Publishing. Are you looking to further develop your technical expertise and deliver world-class software applications leading up to a career at Amazon.com? Do you have a natural ability to combine software engineering theory with the practical experience necessary to build reliable, scalable, high performance solutions? If you possess the technical skills necessary to build and maintain innovative software applications and are a though leader with an entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for learning new technology and enjoy innovating, you will love this job! Join an organization that is reinventing publishing and put your expertise into practice with the latest technologies. Help us build out the next generation of software applications to support digital publishing with the same passion and customer-obsession that Amazon has used successfully to deliver new experiences for customers and authors.
Brilliance Publishing is a full service publisher with two publishing imprints, sales and distribution operations for Amazon-published print books, and audiobook publishing operations. Since our acquisition by Amazon in 2007, we have grown our team, added new businesses, and innovated in the publishing industry. We continue to build out web applications, mobile applications, machine learning, and voice recognition technologies to support our future business online, offline, and in digital. Our opportunities to deliver compelling content to Amazon and Audible.com customers, as well as customers not on Amazon, have not been greater. Come make history with us!
Here’s why you should come work with us:
• You get to work with a leader in publishing: Brilliance is a three-time Grammy-nominated publisher representing over 5,000 authors including Harlan Coben, Dean Koontz, Nora Roberts, and many more.
• You enjoy working autonomously in a mid-sized team and office setting while having access to and the backing of resources of a larger organization like Amazon.
• You will help establish the long-term software development vision for digital content management and delivery using Amazon Web Services cloud technologies.
• You will lead efforts to investigate opportunities, prototype new technology, and evaluate technical feasibility.
• You will own defining business requirements and features, and designing innovative digital publishing solutions.
• You want to leverage your experience as an experienced software developer and use your expertise to set the roadmap, not just follow it.
• You have exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of Computer Science, mobile technologies, and practical experience building customer facing products.
• You understand current device and mobile network features and constraints, and are motivated to tackle ambiguous situations using new technologies to rapidly deliver results.
• You have a strong desire to influence the design, architecture, technical strategy, and features of your software products.
• You have a proven record of accomplishment with delivering emerging technologies such as machine learning and voice recognition/automated voice attendant technologies.
• You get to enjoy a great work-life balance in the resort town of Grand Haven Michigan, on Lake Michigan, with the opportunity to work with your peers at Amazon in Seattle, Washington.
• Amazon compensation and benefits are highly market competitive.
Who We Are
Amazon Publishing and is the full-service publishing arm of Amazon. Our mission is to invent new and better ways to connect authors and readers across a wide spectrum on content and mediums. Storytelling is in our DNA and we’re looking for a designer that’s passionate about delivering great visuals that drive engagement.
Position is based in Michigan with our creative services team.
Who You Are
The ideal candidate would be highly motivated, self-directed, enthusiastic person who works well under pressure and can thrive in a deadline driven atmosphere. They must have a strong individual sense of aesthetics and be able to bring stylish, elevated ideas to fruition. In addition, they should have the ability to deliver dev-ready assets based on existing designs, style guides, and brand guidelines in a fast-paced agency environment for Amazon.com. This position requires strong organizational skills, digital UX experience, intrinsic design abilities, and acute attention to detail. The ability to manage multiple projects and communicate with key stakeholders is essential. You will collaborate with a team of passionate UX Designers, Art Directors, Product Managers, and Developers to design the UI architecture, interaction flows, visuals, and assets for new and existing products and experiences.
An online portfolio of work is required.
- Design the UI architecture, interface, and interaction flow of applications and experiences
· Contribute to the design of useful, usable, and desirable user interfaces in a team environment
· Present design solutions to senior creatives and get sign-offs
· Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications and design patterns
· Refine and extend screen comps based on an established visual toolkit
· Create fun and engaging designs for consumer and merchant customers
· Bring big ideas to life through iteration and collaboration
· Understand usability principles that help drive successful design
· Partner with development teams to build experiences: provide redlines; cut assets; review finished interfaces
· Work with the Art Directors to develop campaign concepts for new products and services