We are looking for an innovative UX designer to invent groundbreaking experiences for some of the most meaningful purchases customers make - those for their home. The Home Innovation Team (HIT) is on a mission to redefine how customers purchase products for their home, and you will be working with a group of seasoned engineers, product managers, designers and research scientists that are on the front-line of Amazon’s innovations - machine learning, big data, and augmented reality.
Have you ever shopped for furniture or decor? How many trips to the store it took you? If so, you know how hard it is to find what you need or like and then decide if it matches in style and fits in size. And you encounter this problem both online and at physical stores. Today’s purchase process requires you to spend lots of time, multiple store trips, settle for whatever you find available and then spend even more time to return the product if you discover at home that it does not fit. We are building the technology and experiences that will eliminate such problems.
As with every project within Amazon, we work backwards from our customer's needs and the challenges they have. Our team will tackle some of the toughest problems in retail:
· Streamline the purchase experience for large items such as furniture and remove all stress in the process. It will be as easy as purchasing a book.
· Inspire our customers with beautiful experiences and relevant products.
· Provide expert advice and information that help guide our customers in their decision making process.
· Improve the home good shopping experience by creating new relevant ways to search and browse.
· Develop personalized experiences and intelligently help customers find useful products that match their preferences and styles.
· Allow customers to develop a personal style and learn from that to improve and customize their shopping experience.
We are a tightly net group that share our experiences and help each other succeed. We love hard problems and like to move fast in a growing and changing environment. We use data to guide our decisions and we always push the technology and process boundaries of what is feasible on behalf of our customers. The most successful members of our team are obsessed with helping our customers in creative ways, and bring clarity to ambiguity through data driven experimentation. If that sounds like an environment you like, join us.
Key responsibilities will include:
· Building new features that give customers the confidence to purchase Home products online.
· Responsibly and effectively advocate for the customer, fostering a shared understanding of the customer-centric intersection between design, content, business and marketing values.
· Create sketches, flows, wireframes, prototypes, and high fidelity mockups as needed to effectively conceptualize and communicate detailed experiences.
· Assess and optimize the effectiveness of new and existing features by actively participating in usability testing and user research, and interpreting analytic data.
· Present design work to teams and leadership for review and feedback.
To succeed, you will need to be creative, curious, comfortable working in new and ambiguous environments, and passionate about customers and show a strong bias for action to deliver results. You will have a consistent track record of developing new ideas and product concepts, shipping on time, and running mature products. You will get to work side by side with a talented team of product managers, UX designers, and software developers in an agile environment. If you are entrepreneurial and like to move fast and innovate on behalf of our customers in an emerging, potentially groundbreaking space for Amazon, we would love to hear from you!