Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and motivated technologists who possess a unique balance of technical depth and customer facing experience. We are seeking Solutions Architects that will have an opportunity to work with customers, account managers and several internal teams to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures that address customer business problems and help accelerate the adoption of AWS. In collaboration with sales, you will drive AWS platform adoption across a broad set of customers.
As a trusted customer advocate, the solutions architect will help organizations understand advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud. You will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mind share and broad use of AWS within organizations ranging from new start-ups to large enterprise customers. The ability to link technology with measurable business value is critical to a solutions architect. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges.
Open to domestic travel up to 25%.
Roles and Responsibilities
• As a key member of the business development and sales team, ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform
• Partner with the sales team, formulate and execute a sales strategy to exceed revenue objectives through the adoption of AWS
• Educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
• Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using AWS
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge within the AWS solutions architect community
• Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers
• Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
• Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support
For the Solutions Architect role, we are looking for a candidate who is comfortable at the intersection of technology and business. He or she will be broadly competent across many areas of technology and deep in a handful of areas. It's ok for them to be less deep in some places, but we need to feel confident that they have the fundamentals and the ability to learn complex new technologies quickly.
On the business side, we are looking for excellent communication skills. The Solutions Architect will spend most of their day interacting with customers via email, phone, instant messaging, and in-person meetings. They will meet with developers, team leads, engineering directors, and CxOs. Given the large portion of customers who are self-served, interest in and ability to create one-to-many content such as reference architectures and blog posts is an important part of the role.
On the soft-skills side, we are looking for ability to moderate tone and technical depth based on audience and solid ability to pick up on non-verbal communication. Also ability to pick up on “un-said” drivers is important.
On the personal attributes side, we are looking for individuals who are passionate about technology and have the drive and capability to absorb and retain vast amounts of deep technical information continuously.