Do you want to work on one of the world's most sophisticated Internet infrastructures in a very challenging environment? Do you want to drive the framework by which we meet the demands of endlessly growing services? The Business Developer will play a pivotal role in organizing, tracking, and ensuring Network Business Development teams meet strategic targets. To be successful in this role you'll need to be comfortable working with a high level of ambiguity. You'll need to use your analytics, business skills and raw smarts to solve complex problems and exercise great judgment. You will lead requirements gathering, evaluative existing implementations and help build shared tools and processes that scale. This role will work closely with multiple business teams and international product and services groups. Candidates much have demonstrated ability to understand business requirements and build increasingly automated solutions. This role is suited for someone who is excited by rapid growth, willing to chart new territories, and define new processes where there is none. The AWS Internet Services, Infrastructure team is responsible for the strategy, acquisition, implementation, and maintenance of the network and all associated resources necessary to grow Amazon's AWS footprint worldwide.
* Collaborate with the Internal Business Development Team build the framework to run ingestion, forecast, prioritization, and management of network capacity programs and projects.
* Clearly communicate with technical owners, product managers, and senior executives.
* Identify, document, and communicate operational processes.
* Review, evaluate, and recommend new tool features and/or new business use-cases and how they can be integrated
* Assist in development of shared tools and infrastructure, including analytics, audit and alerting systems.
* Create effective mechanisms for understanding feature level opportunity size continually focusing engineering resources on the most impactful investments
* Act as a technical lead to review and make design and implementation suggestions
* Develop reporting systems to effectively monitor and manage the overall program to ensure its functioning effectively.
* Analyze trends for actionable insights that will increase the efficiency and quality of contracting operations processes and reduce their labor and cycle times.
* Lead development and implementation of process improvements to eliminate process waste and increase automation.
The Senior Program Manager will need to create and lead teams across different countries, time-zones, cultures, languages and local customs. Clear and concise communication in both written and spoken English, appropriately targeted to a variety of stakeholders, is a key to success in this role.
The nature of the role will involve facilitating program management across remote teams and subject matter experts to troubleshoot and problem-solve project issues, remove blockers, report status and ultimately deliver the project while maintaining all project constraints.
Proficiency in core project management disciplines including scope, schedule, resources, quality and risk management is required. Demonstrated mastery of MS Project, MS Excel and MS SharePoint is core to the role. Salesforce, SQL and systems integration skills are a plus.
The ability to work in a tightly coupled team atmosphere is essential. This is an amazing opportunity in terms of responsibility, interesting challenges and high visibility. We truly are looking for the highest quality candidates, so you should expect a rigorous technical interview process.