The Amazon Web Services (AWS) China Marketing team is seeking a driven, talented, and experienced marketing manager to drive the adoption and usage of the AWS cloud with start-ups and JIC/JIB (Joint Innovation Center/Incubator). This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in a fast growing business, and to drive significant value for customers building lean, innovative new companies.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing for China, this role will be responsible for working with China Startups and JIC/JIB teams to drive customer acquisition, awareness of AWS services and customer growth and retention with AWS China Startup and JIC/JIB offerings. As part of the China Marketing team, you are responsible for driving the success of the full platform of AWS services across an audience of developers, founders and CEOs of new companies, as well the VC community. You will be responsible for defining and driving on-point messaging, creating compelling content and building strategic, customer-focused marketing programs and campaigns.
As a Startup, JIC/JIB Marketing Manager, you will also be responsible for executing and delivering strategic events that align with our customers' needs including Startup days and JIC Launch Events. The right candidate has successful experience in marketing, an unbridled passion for technology and start-ups, and an entrepreneurial spirit. You will own the entire marketing mix for Startups and JIC/JIB in China and will be supported where needed by the members of the team.
In the meantime, you will help support the marketing team with the execution of planned campaigns and events on- and offline hosted by AWS or sponsored by AWS in China. You will organize the promotion (email set up, database gathering) to drive registration targets, be responsible for Event-& Campaign Content ( Agenda, Speaker, Set up), the logistics (venue, catering) and make sure the follow up actions after the events or webinars are taken care of, the leads uploaded in our CRM system and assigned to the right sales representatives.
Successful candidates must have prior marketing experience working at a top technology vendor and must use this understanding to create targeted messaging/content and marketing campaigns focused on marketing to and through a developer and startup audience and well as JIC/JIB operators.
Roles & Responsibilities
· Work jointly with members of the AWS Startups, JIB/JIC and Marketing teams to develop marketing campaigns and programs
· Work closely with AWS service teams, business development, PR and evangelists to ensure the AWS message is reaching a broad audience of partners via events, seminars, webinars and other thought leadership activities.
· Build an effective marketing plan to drive awareness, adoption, and usage of the AWS platform through Startups and JIC/JIB focused activities.
· Define and own the go-to-market approach by working with the marketing team to develop awesome awareness programs and lead-gen campaigns, spanning online and in- person events.
· Developer and own the value propositions, core content, marketing, and go-to-market strategies for our startup and developer community programs.
· Grow the customer sign-up pipeline to maximize customer acquisition at events.