Alexa is the Amazon cloud service that powers Echo, the groundbreaking new Amazon device designed around your voice.
This role reports to the leader for Alexa Speech Recognition (ASR) group and will own product management for improving the way Alexa interacts with our customers through speech and beyond. The perfect candidate will thrive with the challenge of creating intuitive customer experiences while balancing complex and competing priorities.
Customers love what Alexa can already do. They are even more excited about her future potential. As a Principal Product Manager, you will define, execute, and deliver a product roadmap that adds great value to Alexa’s customers. You will lead in developing the strategy and vision for the group, be responsible for competitive analysis and create and look after product roadmaps and features. This role is inherently cross-functional -- you will work closely with engineering, design, user experience, BI, operations, marketing, and executive teams to bring features to market. A successful candidate will have strong instincts to design features which delight customers, and be adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality and simple customer experiences.
- Lead the development of the consumer-focused product strategy and vision supported by internal and external analysis
- Define creative, high quality, and complete product roadmaps based on team strategy and vision
- Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Work closely with engineering and program management to deliver products to market
- Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic and technical goals