At Amazon Web Services, we believe cloud is the new normal and it is propelling organizations to adopt cloud technologies to fuel transformative business initiatives. Our customers are interested in leveraging AWS to increase agility, improve security, reduce costs and expand globally. AWS Solutions Architects (SA) are at the forefront of this change. SA’s help our customers build highly scalable, flexible, resilient, secure and cost-effective cloud architectures. As a trusted customer advocate, the SA helps organizations adopt advanced cloud-based solutions and migrate existing on premise workloads to the cloud. In this role, SA’s will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mind share and broad use of AWS technologies for large, strategic customers.
The ideal candidate should possess a breadth of technical knowledge as well as depth in one or two areas of interest. A successful candidate will exhibit a firm grasp of technical fundamentals and the ability to learn complex new technologies quickly. A “builder” mentality that loves to tinker with technology is an asset. The ideal candidate will also possess customer facing skills that will enable them to be strong advocates of AWS within the customer’s environment. They should be comfortable driving discussions with a wide range of customer personnel from enterprise architects to developers regarding trade-offs, best practices, and risk mitigation.
Your broad responsibilities will include: owning the customer technical engagement, working cross-organizationally to facilitate widespread use and adoption of the AWS platform, and developing a deep expertise in the AWS technologies as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the AWS platform.
· 10+ years design & implementation experience with large distributed applications
· 10+ years of experience in core disciplines (E.g. compute, networking, storage, security, database architecture)
· Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
· Technical degree required; Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
· Working knowledge of cloud technologies
· Experience presenting to both large and small audiences (Executives, IT Management, and developers)
· Experience communicating across internal and external organizations
Experience using and adapting to new technologies
· Experience working within software development or Internet-related industries
· Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
· Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS or other public cloud providers
· Experience developing large scale application architectures to meet business requirements in complex environments
· History of successful technical sales consulting and architecture engagements
· Ability to deliver high quality documents paying attention to detail
· Excellent communication skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT management, and engineers
· Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
· Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation