Amazon's Marketplace is looking for a smart, talented senior technical leader with a strong management background to build and scale our Selling Partner Platform to serve the fast growing needs of Sellers and Vendors around the globe. These systems play a critical role in enabling the business to expand in geographies and provide Selling Partners with new features for fulfilling their products on time.
As a Senior Manager, you will lead your organization of high performing teams to build, scale, monitor, and optimize the platforms that support 2+ million third-party Sellers, 100k Vendors, along with your internal customers consisting of 250+ Amazon teams exposing new features and functionality . You will interface with several teams including Retail Systems, Selling Partner Services, Digital Systems, AWS, Financial systems, and Operations. Our mission is to provide a world-class customer experience using scalable and robust software, so the challenges and opportunities span both the business and technical realms.
A successful candidate must be capable of being a hands-on manager with an established background in developing high volume and highly available services, strong technical ability, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a dynamic fast paced environment. At the same time, they must be able to scale themselves and their teams. Day-to-day responsibilities
The Ideal Candidate
- Build a best-in-class engineering team that delivers excellent results through rapid iterations
- Design and develop state-of-the-art approaches to solving complex and ambiguous problems that may very well be problems not previous solved.
- Cultivate engineering and operational excellence through metrics and continuous learning
- Provide thought leadership and establish technical vision for the org
- Mentor and grow rockstar managers, engineers, program managers, data engineers, data scientists, and product managers to take on increasingly greater responsibilities
- Must be technically credible to lead teams of world-class software engineers and be able to make the right design tradeoffs and technology choices under challenging circumstances
- Deep understanding of overall systems development life cycle including various methodologies (agile, Kanban, Lean, iterative)
- Experienced in developing the long-term strategy for technology platforms and that translate into an achievable roadmap
- Experienced building and managing teams that designs and delivers scalable, extensible complex distributed systems.
- Understands how to scope and justify resources and budget needs to senior leaders and finance partners
- Constant focus on operational excellence of your system.
- Experience with open source technologies, object-oriented design, and agile development methodologies