We are building a new group that will change the way manufacturing is performed in one of Amazon’s market segments. This will be an industry shaping group that will lead significant cost and cycle time reduction. We are looking for a senior Manufacturing Leader/Engineering professional, who is a hands-on individual to design, scale up, and continuously optimize manufacturing processes using lean manufacturing concepts inclusive of DFX feedback to HW design. This is a great career opportunity getting in on the ground floor of an initiative that can grow worldwide. This position will be influential in how the facilities, processes, and operations are designed and executed. The person in this position will lead cross functional projects with internal groups and upstream vendors looking at the entire value stream to optimize cost and cycle time for our customers.
- Apply technical knowledge and statistical tools to develop, characterize, and optimize processes
- Design or provide input to design tooling fixtures and semi-automated systems to aid in manufacturing at lowest cost and shortest cycle time
- Develop systems and metrics to monitor progress and highlight opportunities of improvement in cost and cycle time
- Continuously assess process capabilities and innovate to simplify processes, reduce cost, and shorten cycle time
- Train production teams on new processes and techniques
- Conducts Kaizen activities for continuous improvement of cost and cycle time
- Collaborates with cross functional team members to gain knowledge and improve product design, processes, and quality.
- Work with upstream vendors and downstream customers to optimize the entire value stream and put together joint processes that will lead better cost and cycle time