We’re working on the future. If you are seeking an iterative fast-paced environment where you can drive innovation, apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve extreme-scale real world challenges, and provide visible benefit to end-users, this is your opportunity.
We’re looking for an experienced and creative Software Development Manager. If you like working at a strategic level, but enjoy diving deep to solve tough problems, this is the role for you. Come work on the Amazon Prime Air team!
A SDM for Prime Air is responsible for working with computer vision scientists and machine learning scientists to provide all the necessary data to create and train their models. To do that you will work with product managers, research scientists, operations and hardware engineers to build solutions.
The candidate is expected to ensure we are delivering innovative solutions on time. The candidate is expected to have experience driving large scale projects across teams and geographies.The individual is responsible for:
Export Control License: This position may require a deemed export control license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Placement is contingent on Amazon’s ability to apply for and obtain an export control license on your behalf
- Think big and work with product management and senior leadership to define strategy and requirements
- Deliver results by leading software development teams
- Earn trust through regular communication with peers on product and program management on status, risks, and change control
- Own triaging technical features and prioritizing resources
- Provide regular updates to senior leaders - exceptional communication abilities are essential
- Be resourceful and creative to overcome obstacles and turn challenges into opportunities
- Have fun in the process