Amazon marketplace serves hundreds of millions of customers and millions of sellers worldwide. We’re more than 53% of Amazon units sold, growing fast and pioneering new UX. As a researcher on the Amazon Business to Business Marketplace you will reinvent the way e-commerce works for B2B customers.
The Business to Business Marketplace team is looking for a Sr UX Researcher to help us develop a best-in-class service for third party sellers who support business customers on the Amazon marketplace. You’ll lead the research of experiences to help business sellers meet the needs of their customers, and help those customers make informed purchasing decisions.
In this highly visible role you will work side-by-side with UX designers and will work closely with product, engineering and marketing in many areas of the company. You will research product requirements with aggressive goals into a world class experience for buyers and sellers. The ideal candidate for this position will be customer-obsessed, detail-oriented and comfortable working on highly technical teams as well as able to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. This position requires deep customer focus, the desire to learn, the ability to dive deep and invent, a sense of urgency, and the maturity to make hard decisions fast. In this role, you will:
- Provide thought leadership to product teams and the broader organization; assure the right research questions are being asked; educate the organization on opportunities revealed by your own research and that of others; create and execute against long-term research roadmaps and opportunity frameworks that align to and inform high-level business strategy and goals.
- Define and execute and, invent research methods appropriate to the questions at hand, including but not limited to field research, surveys, lab studies, remote testing, and A-B tests.
- Synthesize a wide range of primary and secondary data types to perform quick and thorough analyses leading to focused, insightful, and actionable findings.
- Successfully persuade work partners and decision makers at the highest levels of the organization to take aligned action on research findings – inspire them and help them internalize opportunities to delight customers and differentiate our service.
- Translate insights into measurable customer experience outcomes aligned to business goals.
- Work with design, product management, engineering, and marketing, partners to develop innovative end-to-end solutions that address top outcomes, and iteratively design and test these solutions until outcomes are achieved or hypotheses are proven wrong.
- Build durable, broadly scaled insights, points-of-view, and knowledge management tools that are leveraged within the Amazon Business Marketplace organization, and by other organizations across Amazon.