Amazon is all in on games, and Twitch Prime is one of a series of disruptive new initiatives that highlights our investment and dedication to the industry and its players. Twitch Prime, launched on September 30, 2016, is both the premium version of Twitch and includes a series of new benefit available to all Amazon Prime members geared at making Prime a no-brainer for core gamers. We believe the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and eSports of today, will continue to a future in which fans are creators, players are celebrities, and games are a global cultural touchstone that cuts across age, gender and nationality. Games have the power to connect communities at a massive scale, and this role will delve into these communities, linking these communities to Amazon’s broader ecosystem through content that is all about the gamers.
Amazon has a strong and growing reputation in the video game business, including being named the best place to buy games in a recent industry survey, the release of several award winning games on android and iOS, the launch of own cloud based game engine, the announcement of soon to be released PC games and our acquisition of Twitch. Twitch, Lumberyard, Amazon Web Services, Amazon game development and services, our digital and physical media retail, Comixology, Merch by Amazon and the Amazon Appstore are just some of our current assets that are relevant to this growing community.
The Twitch Prime Content Acquisition team is looking for a Partner Marketing Lead to build a strong marketing team, create and execute marketing strategy for our global game partners. You will create the strategy, lead the team and help execute campaigns that increase overall market awareness of the brand, drive Twitch Prime subscription growth, and increase consumer engagement. A successful candidate will be expected to think and act both strategically and tactically - from the creation of plans, to the execution, and analysis of business impact. He or she will be will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and able to think big while paying careful attention to detail. This is a highly visible position that will interact at all levels of the company.
The ideal candidate is a passionate partner marketing leader who has a track record of achieving (and measuring) great results through third party partnerships and product launches. This marketing leader needs to be passionate about measuring results and ROI. He or she will be known for trying new things and identifying areas of scale. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to be creative, to initiate and launch effective marketing partnerships and programs, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and support aggressive timelines. Above all, this person must have a passion for understanding what drives consumer behavior and the experience to turn those learnings into action.
As a partner marketing lead for Twitch Prime’s relationship with game developer and publisher teams, your key responsibilities will include the following:
- Leverage internal Amazon/Twitch marketing channels as well as external marketing channels.
- Establish, implement, and measure the effectiveness of partner campaigns that drive awareness and acquisition, engagement, and retention for Twitch Prime.
- Proven ability to create business and financial analyses, including forecasting, monitoring, and reporting
- Develop insight-driven, client facing narratives that highlight the mutual benefits of partnering with Twitch Prime.
- Demonstrate ability to work at the strategic level by generating bold and innovative ideas for growth and at the tactical level through program management, advertising campaign execution, creating campaigns with site merchandising tools, analyzing traffic data and solving problems.
- Collaborate closely with product and business teams to manage simultaneous time-sensitive projects.
- Coordinate with other cross-Amazon Acquisition and Growth marketing professionals to leverage relationships, establish best practices for marketing and advertising and collaborate on a unified Amazon vision.
- Work closely with Business Development to identify the strategic partner roadmap, define top performing metrics, and deliver to a plan to optimize success.
- Assess the needs of the business and product teams to build an active pipeline that supports acquisition growth, customer engagement, and market awareness.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%.