Amazon Photos helps consumers preserve and re-live their memories. The service comes with unlimited photo storage for Prime members and apps are available on iOS, Android, Web, Desktop, Fire Tablet & Fire TV. The service is also integrated into Alexa devices such as Echo Show and Echo Spot. Amazon Photos is the latest digital offering to consumers released on the heels of the Amazon Music and Amazon Video offerings
The team is looking for a senior leader to head the marketing team to increase awareness and acquire new customers. As a relatively new service, this is a unique opportunity to build the marketing function from the ground up for an offering that has great emotional appeal to consumers. The work will involve building a team to do a combination of brand marketing, digital marketing and working closely with Prime and Devices marketing teams to use their channels to acquire and educate customers. The leader will have the final responsibility in building the customer facing voice of the business.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record to build a team of diverse competencies (Hire and Develop the Best) and lead them to Deliver Results. The person will be part of the core leadership team building the strategy of the overall business (Think Big) and then being responsible for the marketing execution. The person and their team will be working closely with the Product and Engineering teams and with partners in Prime and Devices org (Earn Trust). And last but not the least this person will have a demonstrated track record to bring a Customer Obsessed approach to problem solving and be a strong customer advocate on the team to help improve the overall offering.
- Lead all marketing efforts for Amazon Photos
- Be a strategic leader on the Amazon Photos leadership team responsible for driving the overall strategy for the business
- Develop strong relationships across Amazon world-wide to educate and acquire customers for the service
- Work with and manage external agencies for marketing execution
- Execute on external brand marketing campaigns
- Develop strong processes that will allow the marketing function to scale as the business scales
- Hire, manage, mentor, and develop marketers within and beyond the team