Interested in making an impact on the Machine Learning and AI ecosystem? As an SDE on the Amazon SageMaker Notebooks team, you’ll own the Notebook authoring and data scientist IDE experience for AWS ML. Your team's mission is to provide a highly scalable and collaborative data science workbench where any data scientist, developer, or student can launch a wholly configured and collaborative workspace in the cloud.
Engineers on this team get to:
- Engage with the maintainers of Jupyter/JupyterLab, nteract, etc. and make meaningful contributions to keep SageMaker on the cutting-edge.
- Support online ML education providers (e.g., fast.ai, Udacity) to develop the next generation of ML engineers.
- Develop in multiple layers of the stack including distributed workflows, network architecture, system security, and frontend/browser development.
- Develop/maintain operational rigor for a fast-growing AWS service.
- Work closely with senior and principal engineers to architect and develop the best technical design.
- Continually improve operational excellence.
- Be part of “two pizza” scrum team.
- Engage with open source and online ML education communities, staying abreast, influencing direction, and making contributions.
- Collaborate with other SageMaker SDE's for features that cut across SageMaker.
- Engage with customers and other AWS partners.
- Help with hiring.
You'll be well supported with by a group with deep technical chops, including multiple senior and principal engineers. What is SageMaker?
Amazon SageMaker (https://aws.amazon.com/sagemaker/
) is a fully-managed Machine Learning platform that makes it easy to build ML models, manage them, and integrate them with custom applications for batch or online predictions. SageMaker takes away the “heavy-lifting” normally associated with large-scale Machine Learning implementations so that developers and scientists can focus on the truly creative work of modeling and solving the business problem at hand. Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.