Would you like to own building the future for a leader in the Cloud Computing business in the public sector? Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing awareness and adoption of Amazon Web Services (AWS) by leading the strategy for the security and compliance ecosystem and managing the alliances with our most valuable Independent Software Vendors (ISVs)? Do you have the business savvy, business development experience, and the technical background necessary to help further establish Amazon as a leading cloud platform provider in public sector?
As an AWS Partner Development Manager, you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mindshare and adoption of Amazon Web Services in public sector. Your mission will be to develop the network solutions and ISV partner ecosystem to support and accelerate AWS adoption by public sector customers.
In this role, you will establish strategic business and technical relationships with AWS ISV networking/security partners leveraging your experience with solutions in this space, as well as knowledge of public sector customer needs. You will have day-to-day interactions with these partners to support their APN program achievements, enablement, delivery of solutions, as well as joint marketing initiatives and customer engagements. You will also be a strategic lead for networking/security solutions in the public sector, and will be responsible for building and executing a cross-organization plan to accelerate and ensure proper accreditation of solutions relevant to public sector customers.
The goals for the role include growing internal adoption of AWS for the ISVs’ technology platforms, working with your ISVs to help other solution providers achieve required accreditation, and building organizational competency and momentum with ISV leadership and sales. You will also be responsible for awareness and education of security and compliance requirements, processes, and tools for the AWS sales field and partner channel.
The ideal candidate will possess the business background that enables them to engage and interact at the executive level, as well as a technical experience that enables deep interaction with software developers and architects. He/she should also have demonstrated the ability to think strategically about the mission, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Set a strategic business development plan for network/security ISV’s in alignment with AWS’ strategic direction. This includes developing detailed account plans to track the progress of each ISV solution provider and achievement to goals. Execute this plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. service teams, marketing, PR, legal, support, etc.).
- Manage a territory of AWS ISV's to grow their adoption of AWS and support their business in the public sector.
· Understand the ISV's technical requirements and work closely with the internal development team to guide the direction of our product offerings.
· Support the ISV's as they develop their solutions through formal AWS APN programs (and other resources)
- Understand the legal, compliance, security, technical, and procurement considerations and certifications specific to the public sector that impact your partners
- Engage the partners' field sales organizations, marketing, channels and end customers to create and drive revenue opportunities for AWS.
- Support government accreditation of broader solutions on AWS leveraging the tools and expertise of the ISV's that you manage
- Ability to travel 20%