Amazon is all in on games, and Twitch Prime is one of a series of disruptive new initiatives that highlights our investment and dedication to the industry and its players. Twitch Prime, launched on September 30, 2016, is both the premium version of Twitch and includes a series of new benefit available to all Amazon Prime members geared at making Prime a no-brainer for core gamers. We believe the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and eSports of today, will continue to a future in which fans are creators, players are celebrities, and games are a global cultural touchstone that cuts across age, gender and nationality. Games have the power to connect communities at a massive scale, and this role will delve into these communities, linking these communities to Amazon’s broader ecosystem through content that is all about the gamers.
Amazon has a strong and growing reputation in the video game business, including being named the best place to buy games in a recent industry survey, the release of several award winning games on android and iOS, the launch of own cloud based game engine, the announcement of soon to be released PC games and our acquisition of Twitch. Twitch, Lumberyard, Amazon Web Services, Amazon game development and services, our digital and physical media retail, Comixology, Merch by Amazon and the Amazon Appstore are just some of our current assets that are relevant to this growing community.
As an Sr. UX Designer on the Twitch Prime Retention team, you wield an impressive array of creative disciplines, get things done, and are fun to work with.
Share your sweet portfolio link(s) and let’s talk.
- Mine business needs, publisher feedback, and bushels of data to discover problems and opportunities
- Craft (we know it takes love) designs from initial strategy discussions to final high-fidelity comps and detailed design system docs
- Prototype, test, validate, socialize, push, refine, get it out to customers, measure, and repeat
- Collaborate closely with product managers, design cohorts, marketing, and our kickass dev team to bring your work to life
- Additional creative stuff as needs present themselves (it’s usually t-shirts or business cards, we all pitch in)