Amazon is all in on games, and Twitch Prime is one of a series of disruptive new initiatives that highlights our investment and dedication to the industry and its players. Twitch Prime, launched on September 30, 2016, is both the premium version of Twitch and includes a series of new benefit available to all Amazon Prime members geared at making Prime a no-brainer for core gamers. We believe the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and eSports of today, will continue to a future in which fans are creators, players are celebrities, and games are a global cultural touchstone that cuts across age, gender and nationality. Games have the power to connect communities at a massive scale, and this role will delve into these communities, linking these communities to Amazon’s broader ecosystem through content that is all about the gamers.
Amazon has a strong and growing reputation in the video game business, including being named the best place to buy games in a recent industry survey, the release of several award winning games on android and iOS, the launch of own cloud based game engine, the announcement of soon to be released PC games and our acquisition of Twitch. Twitch, Lumberyard, Amazon Web Services, Amazon game development and services, our digital and physical media retail, Comixology, Merch by Amazon and the Amazon Appstore are just some of our current assets that are relevant to this growing community.
The Twitch Prime Retention team is looking for a Marketing leader to build a strong marketing team, create and execute marketing strategy. You will provide data driven customer insights that shape how we introduce customers to Twitch Prime, and find fun ways to introduce them to the rest of the Amazon Prime benefits driving engagement and long term retention.
- Provide overall vision and management to the retention marketing team
- Build a comprehensive messaging framework that can be used for customers and internal teams
- Gaining a deep understanding of our customers through quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Build and begin executing an ambitious marketing strategy for new Twitch Prime features
- Develop and scale new marketing channels through business development deals
- Create ongoing partnerships with the other Prime benefits teams and come up with co-marketing playbook
- Own the development of core content, marketing, and go-to-market strategies for launching new Twitch Prime retention features and, and driving ongoing engagement with Twitch, Amazon, and Twitch Prime benefits
- Work closely with PR, evangelists, BD, marketing managers, engineering, product management, and executive teams to achieve business goals