Amazon Lumberyard is a free AAA game engine deeply integrated with AWS and Twitch, available with full source. The Lumberyard team aspires to help game developers create the highest quality games, engage massive communities of fans, and connect their games to the vast compute and storage of the cloud.
The Lumberyard team is looking for a great manager and leader to join our QA leadership team. You are passionate, creative, excited about games, and have experience managing teams and working closely with groups both onsite and in remote locations. Your experience during all phases of product development, from initial design to final release; your ability to cross functional boundaries to improve processes; and the way you’ve evangelized quality across disciplines – all of these will be critical to our success. Your attention to detail, understanding of automation, and your high quality bar will directly support our goal of delighting our customers.
What can we offer you in exchange? You’ll have the freedom (and encouragement) to experiment and innovate, to improve existing processes and invent new ones, and not be limited to “that’s not how we do things here.” You’ll have an opportunity to work on game engine development experiences that push the boundaries of technology. You’ll have a tangible impact our technology, our business and -- most importantly -- our customers. And you’ll have the satisfaction of being able to look back and say you were a key contributor to something special from its earliest stages.
If this sounds like a good fit, let’s talk.
In this role, you will:
- Have responsibility for development of test strategies and creation of appropriate test harnesses as well as pragmatic testing approaches
- Drive testing methodology and tools to support agile and cross-platform (PC, Mobile, Console) application development lifecycles
- Be a champion of quality and operational excellence: establish team metrics for measurement of quality and operational excellence and a consistent, regular process for assessment and improvements
- Manage a team of quality engineering professionals to ensure the highest quality product delivery - and define measurable metrics to gauge progress against objective QA goals
- Show strong business and technical judgment that will accelerate time to market of releases, while incrementally moving our services towards the long term vision
- Understand how all elements of the system software ecosystem work together and develop QA approaches that fit the overall strategy
- Propose tradeoffs and provide risk assessment to stakeholders