We’re working on the future! If you are seeking an iterative, fast-paced environment where you can innovate, apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve extreme-scale real world challenges, and provide visible benefit to end-users, this is your opportunity.
Come work on the Amazon Prime Air Team!
The Flight Standards Specialist is responsible for the development, delivery, and continuous improvement of audit functions related to Flight Operations. Additionally, they oversee the development of Standard Work for operational teams. Overall activities include:
- Conduct Line Observation Standards Audits (LOSA), line checks, and other audits.
- Manage audit programs to support program growth and certification requirements.
- Report to the Principal PM any standards issues such as compliance gaps, checkride deviations, etc.
- Perform scheduled and special evaluations, identify trends, and document findings.
- Maintain all audit and evaluation files.
- Manage an internal standards working group and interface with appropriate teams.
- Manage scheduled and ad hoc standard crew communication mechanisms for any new policies, processes or procedures.
- Other special projects, as required by the company.
The ideal candidate is highly organized, works effectively with internal and external contacts, has the ability to shift gears at a moment's notice and enjoys the challenges of developing and improving processes in a dynamic organization. The successful candidate will also have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, superior attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment. Moreover, the ability to work in dynamic and ambiguous areas is imperative. Operational knowledge of wide variety of operational and regulatory concepts, particularly within aviation, is essential to perform the role successfully. The candidate must also possess strong analytical and critical thinking skills. Export Control License: This position may require a deemed export control license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Placement is contingent on Amazon’s ability to apply for and obtain an export control license on your behalf.