Amazon Route 53 is a highly available and scalable DNS-based naming and routing service offered by Amazon Web Services. We operate in over 50 locations worldwide and provide advanced functionality such as latency-based routing (LBR), Private DNS, Geo DNS routing, DNS failover, and integration with a plethora of AWS services. On top of that, we offer fast change propagation with a 100% availability SLA. Our service is quickly growing and we are expanding in multiple directions: adding new features and functionality to our services, better traffic management, new AWS integrations, improving our health check capabilities, and expanding with new services.
We are starting a new initiative within Route 53, and need a leader for the team you will be responsible for building the service, making tough prioritization decisions, iterating and innovating, and thinking through distributed systems problems. Once the service is released, you will have to strike the right balance between operating the service and innovate quickly.
You should be a strong leader who is technically deep, can communicate clearly, and has the ability to build a strong team that deliver results. The Amazon Web Services business requires creative engineering and a strong customer focus, and you will work with your team and senior leadership to develop and launch high quality services.
You should be a strong leader who is technically deep, can communicate clearly, and has the ability to build a strong team that deliver results. The Amazon Web Services business requires creative engineering and a strong customer focus, and you will work with your team and senior leadership to develop and launch high quality customer experience.
- Direct management of the software engineering team
- Strategic planning and execution to provide advanced functionality while maintaining a 100% availability guarantee
- Acting as an experienced leader who understands and sets a high bar for all parts of the integration lifecycle, including design, documentation, testing and operations
As a trusted leader you will:
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
- Work with product managers to refine customer requirements
- Bring innovative ideas to the table every day, in order to find better ways of accomplishing our customer objectives
- Set clear and measurable goals for the team and team members
- Mentor and promote your team members