Amazon is seeking a highly motivated Author Relations Manager to provide world-class customer service to authors working with our subsidiary Brilliance Publishing. You will be responsible for working directly with authors on a wide range of issues predominately based on their audiobook production and publication, and will advocate relentlessly on their behalf to help Brilliance Publishing be a top choice for authors. You will be working with many teams, both locally and globally to represent Brilliance Publishing authors’ best interests at every step of the publishing process, including assisting with questions about their publishing experience ranging from payment and contract details to audiobook narrator selection and sales reporting.
This position is on a new team in start-up mode. A love of books and a passion for helping others, flexibility, a strong work ethic, high energy and a good sense of humor are must haves. Authors are our Customers, so Customer Obsession is a key required principle, along with delivering results while working independently, and relentless advocacy for what is best for authors.Responsibilities include:
- Communicating effectively with authors and vendors
- Working closely with Brilliance Publishing business leaders and Amazon Publishing Author Relations team to create new policies and processes that ensure a great audio publishing experience for our authors.
- Obsessing over the author experience by representing our authors’ best interests at every step in the publishing process including assisting with questions about payment and narration.
- Actively looking for ways to enhance an author’s experience during the publishing process.
- Administrative tasks such as coordinating travel, sending gifts and files for review/approval, notifying authors of milestones and award nominations, and attending events with authors when appropriate.
- Ensuring complete and accurate author pages
- Maintaining author contact information
- Prioritizing and managing changing/conflicting work duties
- Quickly and calmly responding to, and solving problems and escalations for our authors
- Assisting with the development of author communication plans for new features, processes and programs, and implementing them
- Working with little direction/oversight and taking initiative where needed and appropriate