This role is located at Brilliance Publishing, an Amazon Publishing subsidiary, in Grand Haven, Michigan.
The role will report into the Creative Department.
As a Producer for Brilliance Publishing, you will ensure timely and accurate delivery of all creative materials for programs such as; audiobook production, content marketing campaigns, user experience design projects, digital and print ads - both on and off the Amazon platforms. The Creative Producer should have deep knowledge and practical experience in graphic, digital and UX design; from design concept to final asset creation, then on to trafficking of assets across multiple touch points. Core responsibilities and ownership include: Communication and Dissemination
- Manage and maintain prompt, thorough, professional communication with all team
- members, customer, and business partners throughout all phases of a project to ensure
- milestones are established and met.
- Attend discovery meetings to understand a customer’s business need.
- Serve as communication hub for all creative activities and manage work in-take from
- multiple business requestors.
- Support the creative team by ensuring briefs are complete, contain quality content,
- and that all adjunctive graphic elements and information are available at kick off.
- Assess the scope of each requests against criteria such as; complexity, team skill and capacity.
- Prioritize, plan, sequence and schedule and assign the work across the design team.
- Collaborate cross functionally, field questions, connect information, strategize, negotiate,
- solve problems, document information and keep the team informed each step of the way.
- Drive to on-time, satisfactory delivery of design team work by clearly articulating time lines
- and removing obstacles, assisting with tactical issues, triaging bugs, scheduling reviews with
- stakeholders and leadership, and communicating product/team status.
- Keep everyone on task and on deadline: manage deadlines and deliver final products.
- Schedule and facilitate status meetings, and creative reviews.
- Help proof work that is being delivered.
- Own the process:
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities and proactively develop and implement
- workflow processes and procedures for optimum operational efficiency.
- Drive the use of Design Ops tools such as wikis, ticketing systems, spreadsheets,
- and status meetings.
- Work within Ops tools to input and manage timelines, work flow and provide reports.
- The ability to multitask, juggle multiple projects with competing deliverable dates at once –
- often with limited resources
- Strong decision-making and anticipatory skills and the ability to adapt quickly.
- Excellent people management skills – must be able to operate under pressure, remain calm
- and cool and be the voice of reason between parties.
- Passion for creating scalable processes that elevate the strategic impact of design.
- Exceptional communication skills – to be able to effectively communicate requests and
- assignments from clients to their team, which includes getting content creators to meet
- deadlines and following up when they don’t, pushing back when clients make unrealistic
- requests and making sure everyone is satisfied with the project.
- Must be strong at organization and prioritization; ensuring everything runs smoothly and
- nothing is dropped.
- Time management, problem solving, attention to detail with high accuracy.
- Self-directed, team-oriented, customer-focused.
- In order to accurately scope work against deadlines and resources, the producer must be well
- informed of every step in the creative process for both digital and print platforms.