Interested in making an impact on the Machine Learning and AI ecosystem? As the SDM for Amazon SageMaker Notebooks, you’ll own the Notebook authoring and data scientist IDE experience for AWS ML. Your team's mission is to provide a highly scalable and collaborative data science workbench where any data scientist, developer, or student can launch a wholly configured and collaborative workspace in the cloud. The SageMaker Notebook SDM should have familiarity with ML development workflows and patterns, as well as experience with related open source communities. You'll engage with the maintainers of Jupyter/JupyterLab, nteract, etc. and ML education providers (e.g., fast.ai, Udacity) to keep SageMaker on the cutting edge and make meaningful contributions.
- Work closely with engineers to architect and develop the best technical design.
- Continually improve operational excellence.
- Collaborate with product management on the roadmap and delivery dates.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Develop the engineers of an existing “two pizza” scrum team.
- Hire engineers.
- Engage with open source and online ML education communities, staying abreast, influencing direction, and making contributions.
- Collaborate with other SageMaker SDM's for features that cut across SageMaker.
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance.
- Engage with customers and other AWS partners.
You'll be well supported with by a group with deep technical chops, including multiple principal engineers and peer SDMs that own other SageMaker components. What is SageMaker?
Amazon SageMaker (https://aws.amazon.com/sagemaker/
) is a fully-managed Machine Learning platform that makes it easy to build ML models, manage them, and integrate them with custom applications for batch or online predictions. SageMaker takes away the “heavy-lifting” normally associated with large-scale Machine Learning implementations so that developers and scientists can focus on the truly creative work of modeling and solving the business problem at hand. Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.