CloudFront is one of AWS' largest services, at the center of almost every major Internet event. For sporting events such as the Super Bowl, game launches, movies, or TV, there's a tremendous of work that goes on behind the scenes to ensure the data is transferred with high performance and efficiency. If you enjoy solving challenging problems with unparalleled scale, this is the team for you!
The CloudFront Performance team is a core platform team responsible for caching and routing. We route each request to the closest Edge location to minimize the impact of the speed of light, but we also have to consider network latency, capacity, and system health. Think of us as Air Traffic Control, but for Internet traffic instead.
The Internet is fluid and our service will use real time monitoring to dynamically and automatically shift traffic to optimally provide a highly available and performant experience. Once routed, objects are cached across a multitude of layers across the world. Our focus is on efficiency and performance, and any improvement here makes a measurable increase in the speed of the Internet globally!
We are looking for software engineers who will:
- Provide a service that is core to all modern Internet businesses
- Operate an AWS business with globally distributed servers and customers at a massive scale
- Own one of the lowest latency and highest throughput services in all of AWS
- Mentor and be mentored by a great team of software developers
- Understand what it takes to grow and operate a global business at our scale
- Make critical design decisions with impact across AWS