At Amazon, we’re working on the future. If you are seeking an iterative fast-paced environment where you can drive innovation, apply state-of-the-art technologies, and implement new ways to provide visible benefit to end-users, this is your opportunity.
Come work on the Amazon Prime Air team!
Amazon Prime Air is seeking a Principal Industry Specialist to act as a primary interface between our team and regulatory bodies around the world in support of airworthiness and operational certification efforts with a focus on safety critical software and airborne electronic hardware certification. This candidate will support the safety, regulatory and compliance initiatives to enable safe and efficient commercial drone delivery operations for our customers globally.
Export Control License This position may require a deemed export control license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Placement is contingent on Amazon’s ability to apply for and obtain an export control license on your behalf.
- Oversee development of operational risk assessments and airworthiness design, test and conformity plans to support certification and operational regulatory approvals
- Monitor and advise on regulatory, research and policy initiatives impacting unmanned aircraft
- Play a leadership role representing the business in multi-stakeholder standards and industry activities
- Support our public policy and legal teams on legislative and rule making initiatives
- Support our flight safety team by evaluating and improving upon safety systems and related supporting procedures and materials
- Support UAS Traffic Management (UTM) airspace integration initiatives