AWS customers have come to rely on our track record of stellar operational performance. Our team ensures that the quickly expanding number and scale of services are able to deliver that reliability promise.
Amazon Web Services is seeking a Senior System Development Engineer to drive the long-term technical vision of our world-class Safety Engineering group. We analyze trends and build software used across AWS to reduce recurrence, duration, and size of customer impacting events.
As a Sr. Engineer in AWS Safety Engineering, you will drive a large-scale initiatives that automate the incident and problem management process for all of AWS.
What You Will Do:
- Architect, design, implement, support, and evaluate secure, operational safety focused tools and services including project leadership roles
- Drive an environment of continuous improvement and world-class efficiency
- Challenge conventional thinking; create innovative paths forward
- Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions
- Work cross-functionally with other teams to continually improve operational readiness and availability
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, make trade-offs, and encourage risk-taking to maximize business benefit
- Evaluate and recommend new and emerging products and technologies
- Drive operation excellence in your organization.
As a senior technical individual contributor you will join the ranks of a large and growing community of senior engineers who are redefining how distributed systems are scaled and operated. You will help establish technical standards and drive Amazon’s overall technical architecture and engineering practices. You’ll work on Amazon’s hardest problems, building high quality, architecturally sound systems that are aligned with our business needs.