Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover anything they want to buy online. We hire the world's brightest minds, offering them a fast paced, technologically sophisticated and friendly work environment.
The team focuses on the application of scientific methods designed to enable Amazon to understand consumers’ preferences and the fly wheel effects of our devices. All of this work is performed in close coordination with business leaders, a team consisting of economists and scientists, and an engineering team.
You will develop scientific solutions and drive critical customer and business impacts at the same time, and work closely with business leaders, economists and scientists, and engineers to deliver data- and algorithm-based insights at scale to Amazon devices, and all of Amazon. You will drive end-to-end solutions from identifying opportunities from a large amount of consumer survey data and historical data, run large scale experiments, innovate and build automated systems to help business make better and faster decisions.
You are a self-starter equipped with excellent analytical abilities and communication skills, and you are passionate about exploring, experimenting, and building automatic highly impactful solutions. The key responsibilities include:
- Work collaboratively with economists and data scientists to build and operationalize ML and econometric models answer challenging business questions
- Design, development and evaluation of highly innovative models for predictive learning
- Drive scalable solutions from prototyping, production testing and through engineering directly to production
- Create and track accuracy, validation, and performance technical and business metrics
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and model implementation
- Research and implement novel machine learning and statistical approaches