The Builder Tools team at Amazon is responsible for both internal and external (AWS) developer tools. We enable our customers to manage their end-to-end software release process (CI/CD), including going from source code check-in, to building those changes, to testing those changes, to deploying those changes, and tracking issues through our ticketing and issue management systems. We own several dozen of the mission-critical internal systems that make Amazon run. We also own the external AWS developer experience. We are empowering AWS customers to build and operate software… just like Amazon does. CodeDeploy, CodeCommit, CodeBuild, CodePipeline, and Cloud9 are the beginning of a suite of tools that will put the power of Amazon’s homegrown tools in the hands of our customers. With thousands of internal and external developers as our customers, we run some of the biggest and most powerful developer tools on the planet.
The Builder Tools org is looking for an engineering leader to own our Software Release Automation and Safety teams tasked with improving the availability of all Amazon services. Your teams improve availability by making our tools, and the use of those tools safe. Our tools automate the creation and management of AWS resources so they are tuned for availability, security, testing, performance, deployment, and monitoring.
In this role you will lead a critical and highly-visible product for the AWS business. You will be given the opportunity to autonomously deliver the technical direction of the service, and the feature roadmap. You will work with extraordinary talent and have the opportunity to hire and shape the team to best execute on the product. If you’re excited to have a large impact on AWS and the cloud computing industry, you’ll find this role to be engaging, challenging, and full of opportunities to learn and grow.
As a Senior Manager in our Developer Tools space, you’ll be empowered to take ownership of a broad range of responsibilities, such as:
- Directly hiring, retaining, and growing top management and engineering talent within your group.
- Being a clear technical voice, working in partnership with your teams to deliver an architecture which will scale with the needs of the AWS business.
- Quickly and reliably delivering high quality technical solutions that will delight our customers.
- Working on business strategy to define a product roadmap that’s compelling and focused on growth, while collaborating with product management teams across Amazon's businesses.
- Meeting with customers to learn and help them shape their own tooling story.
- Clearly communicating at the executive level risks, successes, and missteps as you define and execute on a vision for the product.