Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a dynamic, growing business unit within Amazon.com that provides a broad set of infrastructure services including computing power, storage options, networking and databases available on demand. We are the leader in cloud computing and our pioneers are embracing innovation, building the future, and making history!
We are currently seeking a highly creative, results-driven and forward-thinking senior procurement professional to join our Services Procurement team. As the senior manager of services procurement, you will assume responsibility for managing services for our data centers. You will be responsible for managing a team of procurement professionals who manage various services categories globally. You will work closely with internal customers across global locations to ensure that they have a consistent, positive experience with the team. You will be empowered to take full ownership of your team’s space and to motivate the team to deliver results that have a direct impact on Amazon’s bottom line and future success.
Your team will be responsible for establishing long-term category strategies, developing metrics to track performance of the team and for innovating in the procurement space for scaling the business with Amazon’s growth. You will be responsible for holding the team accountable as they drive these initiatives while helping them navigate through strategy shifts, as necessary. It will be critical that you establish and develop executive level partnerships with Amazon’s supply base to achieve long-term, mutually beneficial outcomes. You will also ensure that the team can appropriately scale as the business grows, and you must be proactive in identifying ways to stay ahead of this curve. You will collaborate with internal business partners and suppliers to reduce risks and costs for Amazon. You will develop mechanisms and metrics to hold suppliers accountable for performance and delivery. Additionally, you will drive results through methods that include competitive bidding, negotiating, and analyzing data and market trends. You will also create global procurement processes and tools to drive innovation across teams.
As the leader of this team, you must embody and model the team’s mission, which is to be laser focused on the needs of customers, empowering the team members to make significant impact in their roles. Ensure that the team serves the best interest of Amazon by engaging in ethical, transparent and professional transactions and takes ownership of services procurement functions to increase high quality competition, promote supplier diversity, and elevate supplier performance. You must have a sense of urgency to meet customer timelines and exhibit an intense curiosity and learning drive. It will be critical to embrace and model Amazon’s Leadership Principles and have an entrepreneurial spirit with a “get it done” mentality.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following -
- Works with your team and its internal customers to establish robust procurement category strategies that align with organizational goals, and ensure that your team is delivering results accordingly.
- Develop close working relationships with customers serving as their escalation point, understanding their short term and long term plans, addressing concerns and ensuring quality customer experience
- Innovate within sourcing to support business growth globally to improve cost savings, supplier relationship management, new supplier development and customer support for delivering services on time
- Establish mechanisms to evaluate your team’s performance and coach the team to achieve their career goals and improve performance.
- Lead regular supplier business reviews with scorecards to improve their performance
- Achieve cost savings through bidding and negotiations against targets
- Create and utilize metrics for all decisions; Develop reports to forecast business trends and status to management, suppliers and customers.
- Build on an existing supplier qualification program to ensure we are appropriately mitigating the risks of doing business with new and existing suppliers.
- Drive process improvement initiatives that positively influence customers, stakeholders, and the team.
- Advocate for the value of leveraging procurement org for all services sourcing by aligning with internal customers and ensuring that their requirements are met
- Create procedures, policies and tools and simplify those that already exist.
- Develop supply market and supplier capabilities knowledge.