The Kindle Content Publisher Education team’s mission is to help independent authors and enterprise publishers succeed on Amazon. We support Kindle Direct Publishing, Amazon Author Central and Print to Kindle. These services allow authors and publishers to make their books available on Kindle devices, apps, and in paperback through our print-on-demand service. If you'd like to help authors and publishers find their audiences through Earth’s largest bookstore, this is your chance to make history in a rapidly-growing, fast-paced environment.
We’re looking for a content strategist to work out of Seattle. You’ll create and manage user interface text, Help systems, and other content that guides authors and publishers while they publish and promote their books. You’ll analyze customer pain points, define content needs, set the strategy for content launches and updates, as well as develop and publish the content itself. Professional experience or formal education in information architecture or taxonomy is a plus.
In this role you will
- Educate authors and publishers with succinct, useful content in line with our style guidelines
- Collaborate with partner teams across the company to create and improve content for multiple audiences while maintaining a high quality bar
- Develop content plans, set strategy, and gain stakeholder alignment for product launches and services, working cross-functionally to drive strategy for the entire publishing lifecycle
- Remove redundancies by identifying features that cross services to solve pain points for multiple audiences while reducing content and content development efforts
- Use sound business judgment to make quick decisions under pressure in ambiguous circumstances, balancing advocacy with a need for action
- Identify and implement improvements to navigation, usability, and instrumentation
- Analyze data to promote self-service, to reduce reliance on customer service, and to improve operational scale by giving customers the content they need, when and where they need it
- Manage several complex projects simultaneously with a sense of hustle
- Operate independently in a cross-functional, highly collaborative environment