As Amazon Web Services (AWS) continues to drive adoption deeper into the enterprise, large global customers are increasingly asking "how" to modernize their business using public cloud, while leveraging Amazon's culture and mechanisms to streamline the process. Do you want to join a team of global experts and be the Program Manager driving prescriptive recipes for success?
The Strategic Acceleration Team is chartered with driving enterprise adoption of AWS cloud services within our largest and most complex customer environments. The complexities associated with Global companies require a higher touch experience that assure efforts across numerous business units and geographies are both scalable and consistent. The Strategic Acceleration Team is leveraged by our customers as the tip of the spear to reduce friction and help accelerate cloud adoption where traditional methodologies fall short.
The Strategic Acceleration Technical Program Manager (TPM) is at the center of delivery, ensuring the teams follow a unified process, are coordinated in large scale deployments and projects, and are measured in their approach to accelerate customer adoption of AWS. Working with Strategists, Finance, Technology Leaders, and Customers this role will have cross-AWS visibility by driving alignment for cloud acceleration in our largest global multi-national customer. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate for Enterprises, we incubate new ideas and create repeatable processes that can later be leveraged by the field at large. Additionally, the TPM will both lead and coach Agile delivery methods both internally and externally.
The successful candidate must be comfortable individually driving cross-team efforts and defining well-considered objectives and metrics to guide decision-making and affect change. They will provide clear vision and technical direction for diverse engineering and business leaders at all levels, leveraging strong verbal and written skills. The TPM will also need to have experience leading small, concurrent scrum activities while assuming the Scrum Master role across multiple projects.
A Senior Technical Program Manager is expected to understand the systems and people in their space, the limitations, scaling factors, boundary conditions, and reasons behind strategic decision processes. They are expected to seek out and clearly communicate relevant data to support complex business decisions, and drive the right recommendations in a highly collaborative and effective fashion. They create plans that have objective, measurable success criteria and clearly communicate progress and outcomes. They anticipate the gaps between teams, processes, and identify common roadblocks to help the organization consistently accelerate Core Responsibilities:
- Gather knowledge, define projects, and coordinate execution across multiple global partner teams
- Identify and produce appropriate business metrics, and continually assess them to improve over time
- Lead and coach Agile delivery mechanisms in non-traditional areas of focus
- Apply expertise in strategic discussions, keeping all stakeholders productively engaged
- Concisely represent our organization to business leaders and technical staff at all levels of the company
- Prepare and present detailed, written technical information for internal and external audiences
- Demonstrate *exceptional* judgment, integrity, business acumen, and communication skills
- Negotiate and coordinate with cross-functional organizations