Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and motivated technologists who possess a unique balance of technical depth and strong interpersonal and writing skills. You will partner with customers and several other AWS teams to craft highly scalable, flexible, and resilient cloud solutions that address customer use cases and accelerate the adoption of AWS.
As trusted customer advocates, the Solutions Development and Prototyping team helps customers in creating the initial iterations of use-cases. You will help shape and build use-cases covering a spread of domains such as AI/ML, IoT and Serverless across market verticals. The ability to learn new technology and develop solutions that meet a high quality bar with measureable business value is critical to the team. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges.
Here are some qualities we are looking for:
- Be great fun to work with. At AWS, we have a credo of “Work hard. Have fun. Make history”. In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
- Have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of customers ranging from small businesses to large enterprises.
- The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a developer or hands-on solutions architect. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions and build great solutions. You will regularly take part in deep-dive education and design exercises to create world-class solutions built on AWS.
- As a technical leader, you combine design and architecture knowledge with development capability (i.e. comfortable in the white-board and also in the keyboard - hands-on).
- You will engage often in early stages of customer use-cases and also in competitive situations. Being able to deal with ambiguity, good communication and being hands-on are important qualities - you will often be the lead technical person in the room and dealing with other senior leaders from technical and business domains.
- Push the technical bar. You will have appetite and take initiative to learn new topics and experiment, covering domains such as Blockchain and AR/VR in an enterprise context.