Do you enjoy building IT solutions that solve critical business issues at planetary scale? Do you have broad technical skills and experience across all aspects of cloud technologies and infrastructure? Can you build and lead a large Cloud Infrastructure focused technical specialty team to deliver new capabilities to our enterprise customers?
At AWS, we’re hiring executive advisors and highly technical architects to lead our Global Cloud Infrastructure Architecture practice development. Our AWS consultants deliver IT infrastructure architecture guidance, lead proof-of-concept projects, perform enterprise portfolio assessments, review operational best practices and conduct skills transfer workshops. AWS consultants collaborate with customers and partners to address security and compliance, performance and scale, availability and manageability. They advise customers on migrating existing systems and building new systems using the full range of AWS services. They also assist with the non-technical change management work on policies, processes and people changes.
We’re looking for an experienced leader to evolve our AWS Global Cloud Infrastructure Architecture professional services practice. The role will support a global team of Cloud Infrastructure experts and travel as needed to support our consultants & customers in a wide variety of scenarios as they progress through their AWS migration, optimization and transformations. They will have a strong combination of technical experience and people skills. They will be fast learners and effective coaches. They will collaborate with multiple AWS engineering teams as well as the Global Specialty Practices to introduce and refine new platform web services for the largest enterprises. The team, working with our partner community, will harvest, package and publish best practices and repeatable offerings for leveraging AWS cloud infrastructure. Responsibilities include
- Engage customers - collaborate with sales leaders and engineering teams to drive design wins and AWS platform adoption. Provide leadership as our customers progress through their migration to AWS along with their optimization of people, process and technology optimization. Provide leadership on understanding our customers business drivers, assessing application portfolios, designing reliable and cost-effective hybrid cloud infrastructure and creating transition plans for our customers to make use of that infrastructure.
- Build and lead great teams - attract top technical talent to build high performing teams of consultants with superior technical depth, and outstanding customer relationship skills, and a career focus on the cloud infrastructure capabilities of AWS (technical and process). Assemble and develop the very best in the world.
- Develop partnerships – proactively develop industry solution maps for Cloud Infrastructure on AWS transformation (technical and process) and engage the leading solution and service providers. Drive collaboration and integration between multiple partners to deliver comprehensive solutions for large enterprises.
- Learn and teach – Work with the global AWS professional services leadership team and specialty practices to hire, develop, train, and enable the CIA AWS practice. Work with them to learn the newest platform services quickly. Support them in harvesting and publishing best practices to broader field and partner teams. Deliver internal and external training and mentorship on cloud infrastructure, leveraging Amazon’s reputation in the market. Also, guide them to engage individual project teams and teach the implementation processes and skills related to their technical specialty.
- Make new markets – develop the engagement model for driving the design wins for AWS cloud infrastructure, to open new market segments and clear the way for cloud-based IT using AWS.
- Be a customer advocate - Work with AWS engineering service teams to convey deep technical requirements from partners and customers as input to AWS technology roadmaps.
- Deliver value - lead high quality delivery of a variety of deeply technical engagements with partners and enterprise customers in the commercial and public sectors, enabling breakthrough business outcomes for customers.
- Engage other Specialty Practice teams – Engage and create cohesiveness and strategy with other Specialty Practice teams to maximize synergies which will drive breakthrough business outcomes for customers.
- Curate reusable assets – lead your AWS team in the assembly and rollout of packaged offers designed to optimize customer impact, leveraging field experiences and outcomes.