Software Developer (Java and Angular JS) - Amazon Robotics - North Reading, MA.
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
Amazon Robotics is seeking talented and motivated Software Engineers to design, develop and test software that controls and optimizes mobile-robotic fulfillment systems used by Amazon.com operations. Amazon Robotics software facilitates user workflows, robotic control and machine to user interfaces, advanced algorithms and mobile technology. Our Software Engineers experiment with disruptive technologies and integrate them within our current software solutions using agile methodologies in a collaborative team environment. Each Software Engineer will have an assigned technical mentor to help with onboarding, as well as 1-1 guidance from their manager, and will work closely with other engineers.
As a Software Engineer, you will:
- Identify and develop software solutions to current business problems
- Work with your manager and team to create milestones and deliverables
- Participate in daily scrums and reviews with development teams
- Develop design documentation and lead reviews with other engineers
- Write code and unit tests and integrate code with other software and hardware components
- Prototype and test concepts or features, both through simulation tools and emulators and with live robotic equipment
- Work directly with customers to test software prototypes and incorporate feedback
- Utilize Amazon Robotics and Amazon engineering tools, processes and technologies