Kindle’s publishing services have revolutionized reading and the way authors can engage the millions of readers that shop on Amazon. We are currently looking for a Manager of Technical Account Management, within the Kindle Content group. Technical Account Managers (TAMs) own the operational relationships with book publishers to ensure the seamless flow of digital book content and metadata throughout the digital supply chain to end consumers.
The Manager of TAM will oversee four TAMs who train and on-board publishers, troubleshoot and resolve their technical questions, and educate them on how to adhere to best practices in producing high quality titles. TAMs work as well as with internal Amazon Kindle stakeholders in content acquisition, product management, engineering, and operations, to drive end-to-end integration of digital content within Amazon systems.
The successful candidate will be a strong self-starter, thrive in a fast-paced, goal-oriented environment, be a strong people manager, have a demonstrated ability to solve technical challenges, and be able to credibly coordinate between teams of technical resources and business stakeholders.
The position will be responsible for the following:
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
- Direct hiring and development of a team of four TAMs who support publishers in the US, Canada and Brazil.
- Work with product development teams to improve the publisher’s experience with all of the services they use to interact with Amazon, from ingestion through distribution.
- Consistently improve publisher and customer experience by ensuring TAMs deliver superior customer support, and by relentlessly advocating for publishers across the Kindle and Kindle Content organizations.
- Ensure TAMs are consistently defining, launching and improving standard operating procedures for resolving complex publisher inquiries and administering changes to publishers’ accounts and Amazon catalogs.
- Drive global standardization of publisher support processes. Leverage technology and process innovation to bring continuous improvement to the operation (scalability, efficiency, scope, etc.).
- Define new and refine existing key performance indicators for global operational support of the Kindle businesses.