Want to work on a product that can:
- Backup hundreds of TBs of customer tables in seconds
- Replicate tables across continents
- Encrypt PBs of data with no performance degradation
DynamoDB is a fully managed NoSQL serverless database that does all this and more !!
DynamoDB provides fast and predictable performance (millisecond latencies for reads and writes) with seamless scalability. DynamoDB receives tens of millions of read and write requests per second to databases that are hundreds of TBs in size.
We are already one of the biggest distributed database systems in the world. That being said, we believe it is still Day 1 for DynamoDB and our aspirations are to grow this product by 10x in the next 2 years. We are looking for deeply technical, team first mentality individuals who are willing to commit themselves to this aspiration.
Engineers say DynamoDB is a technically challenging space that requires unique and innovative solutions. In DynamoDB, you will get to solve the hardest engineering challenges in distributed systems at massive scale. As a developer in the DynamoDB team, you will get to exercise your intellectual curiosity to its max, work with an amazing team of super sharp individuals who will help you grow your skills and career, and hone your design and architectural skills by getting to work with Principal Engineers and Senior Engineers on a daily basis.
This will be a hands on position where you will do everything from designing, implementing rock solid components, launching a new service iteratively, mentoring other engineers as well as evangelizing the work done by your team.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
- Design, implement, and deploy highly distributed, large scale services.
- Translate complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
- Be very hands-on; work with others on the engineering team to manage the day-to-day development activities, participate in designs, design review, code review, and implementation.
- Deliver quality features on-time and on-budget and execute against project plans and delivery commitments.
- Contribute to Amazon's Intellectual Property through patents and/or external publications.