At Amazon, our goal is to create great PC games. We believe in ground-breaking games that can redefine the boundaries of player experience and change the way the world sees digital entertainment. Games have the power to connect people at a massive scale, and creating these experiences will help us produce some of the future’s most influential visual experiences. We seek the best game developers in the world to join our team and become the architects of this vision. Join us, and you’ll have the power of Twitch, AWS, and the entire Amazon ecosystem to shape the future of games.
Amazon Game Studios in San Diego is looking for an exceptionally artistic and technical Senior World Artist. In this role, you will help to inspire and drive the visual elements and pipelines for the worlds we are creating. You will have a strong voice and key ownership in guiding the game client and server technology related to world creation. This role requires strong technical skills in software and tool development with significant experience collaborating with artists and engineers. The ability to translate artistic vision into game art that performs at high frame rates and a bias towards in game results is key.
In this role you will be working closely with a seasoned team of game developers where you can continue to grow and share your game development experience. We are looking for Artists who can communicate effectively, problem solve, and raise the project’s technical and visual standards daily. Responsibilities
- Drive the development of world creation and collaborate with key stake holders.
- Compose, layout and build world assets with a focus on terrain, structures, and set pieces.
- Translate 2D concepts and reference material into high quality 3D assets.
- Help manage, team build, and mentor 3D Artists that are internal and external.
- Develop techniques to increase productivity and quality of environment related assets.
- Create and establish efficient workflows for visual development and game engine requirements.
- Create a variety of assets including high and low polygon models to game engine specifications.
- Optimize levels to achieve game requirements for streaming and frame rate.
- Help to manage and direct internal and external Artists.
- Surface a variety of assets from complex to simple while utilizing material and texture tools.
- Help to plan, organize, and estimate environment deliverables.