Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Commodity Manager, you will:
· Develop a commodity technology roadmap aligning business requirements with supplier capabilities
· Be responsible for AVL for commodity managing supplier selection, qualification and price negotiation
· Manage all aspects of new supplier bring-up including database management in Agile or other ERP systems
· Ensure a competitive sourcing environment leading to continuous improvement in quality, cost, service and technology
· Work closely with Lead Commodity Manager to collaborate with Engineering to influence technical design decisions to meet expectations, technical capabilities, and business objectives
· Interface with Planning and Program Management to assess current and future sourcing requirements
· Help drive quarterly executive business reviews of strategic sourcing plan that defines, among other things, market and business analysis, product roadmaps, supplier capabilities and annual / quarterly strategic business objectives
· Maintain expertise/knowledge of market trends including rigorous analysis of market drivers, cost structures, technical improvements and competitive landscape
· Travel periodically to supplier’s manufacturing sites
· Support our OEM supplier initiatives including annual cost reductions, VMI/JIT, lead-time reductions, favorable payment terms, etc.