Have you ever wanted to know how Amazon EC2 works? Do you want to help build the next generation of web-scale infrastructure services that enables companies of all sizes, ranging from start-ups to large enterprises to run on EC2 ?
AWS Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) Windows team is looking for experienced engineers to make EC2 the best place to run enterprise class workloads. The selected candidate will play a critical role in design and implementation of strategic services for EC2 to help increase enterprise cloud adoption in general and Windows in particular. As part of our team, you will help build new next generation services that a) will simplify how our customers and partners configure and manage their Windows and Linux workloads on the cloud, b) will result in significant infrastructure / operational cost reductions for our enterprise customers. You will closely work with various pre-release Amazon technologies and build services that handles large scale, highly available distributed systems.
We are looking for strong software Development Engineers who are passionate about working in cutting edge technologies, bring deep technical knowledge, experience with distributed systems to drive technical design and implement end-end solutions. The ideal candidate is an experienced software engineer and a self-starter who is excited to work on cloud scale software both as an individual contributor and technical lead.
- Be very hands-on and part of engineering team's day-to-day developer activities.
- Architecture, design, proof-of-concepts and implement projects end to end with high quality.
- Ability to handle complex projects, large area of scope and complete ownership.
- Communicating with customers, technical teams and defining technical strategy.
- Maintain current technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology, always on a look out for new technologies and work with management and development team in bringing new technologies.
*This position requires periodic on-call responsibilities.