IMDb is the world’s most popular and authoritative source for movie, TV, and celebrity content, reaching an audience of more than 250 million unique visitors per month. IMDbPro, our professional subscription business, is transforming the business of entertainment. Our mission is to inform and connect professionals in the entertainment industry to help them do their jobs better and advance their careers.
IMDb sits at the intersection of the entertainment, media, and technology markets inside the world’s most innovative and consumer-centric company – Amazon. IMDb employees enjoy the benefits of working for Amazon with the autonomy of working on a small, nimble team. It's a fun and fast paced environment with an exposure to working across Amazon businesses on a global scale. Our team is seeking a talented and passionate Creative Director to design and deliver effective marketing, advertising and promotional experiences that are based on customer obsession, data, consumer insights, and creative inspirations.
As part of the IMDbPro team, and reporting to the Head of UX, your primary focus will be to create marketing strategies, set creative direction, lead brand activations and set establish standards for advertising and social media campaigns, as well as for events & festivals. You will work on the UX and design for website & app pages, and closely partner with our product, marketing and sales teams to bring ideas to life to drive new business.
Can you inspire a team with big ideas and strategic brand development, campaign initiatives, product launches, and event experiences? Can you develop a vision, quickly bring concepts to life as prototypes, then iterate and refine them as you gather and factor in customer and business requirements? Do you like movies, TV and celebrities? Wish you could be a part of changing how Hollywood works, firsthand? Pride yourself on your indie movie knowledge? Wish you were an entertainment insider? Now is your chance!
The ideal candidate will have a deep portfolio that demonstrates creative excellence in bringing major brands and products to life. This role is for a highly capable creative leader who can direct internal and external creative resources, and has the composure and communication talent to effectively present to senior executives. Prior experience in an agency or internal marketing team is preferred.Specific Responsibilities
- Create on-brand creative solutions that meet measurable business goals and requirements.
- Lead creative development of innovative brand creative, from concept to delivery.
- Own, develop and evangelize brand personality and purpose throughout the organization.
- Develop on-site and on-app experiences and marketing campaigns that convert customers.
- Partner with insights and analytics teams to identify, understand and respond to performance data (metric tests, usability studies, ethnographic/retail studies).
- Work cross-functionally with product, marketing and business partners to ensure IMDbPro’s presence is consistent across all customer touchpoints.
- Develop brand strategies that drive compelling creative executions
- Hands on creative development for key initiatives across channels.
- Quickly develop concept mockups to visualize new ideas in context.
- Present creative concepts effectively to senior executives.