Amazon is seeking a dynamic and motivated Strategic Account Manager for the Amazon Global Selling business, who can develop sales strategies and methodologies, while facilitating contracts to accomplish revenue goals for global expansion of US based Sellers. Sales of products by third-party sellers on our websites represent more than 40% of units sold, and the Seller Services business is growing faster than our Retail business. As an organization, Amazon Global Selling is highly influential by coordinating across Amazon Customers, Amazon Category teams and Amazon Sellers.
Specifically, this individual will be responsible for identifying and building relationships with specific accounts, along with internal stakeholders and cross-functional teams to assist in creating compelling Amazon solutions that meet and exceed customer requirements. This person will directly interface with executive level contacts of clients. The best candidate will drive and create proposals, business cases, and responses to customers' business requirements and take a consultative sales approach. This person will work closely with Amazon category teams/merchant managers and country development managers, in order to deliver projects such as category specific deep dive analysis, and building strategies to grow specific accounts which will have significant impact for Amazon.
The ideal candidate will need to be agile in his or her approach and able to interface with contacts at all levels while discussing the Global Selling on Amazon value proposition. Specifically, this person will be responsible not only for identifying, marketing to, and managing a book of Sellers, but also supporting high value projects to help expand our global outreach. Additional projects include working closely with other Amazon product teams, category managers, and all other internal stakeholders in order to provide support in scaling our Global Selling outreach and bringing unique selection to all Amazon marketplaces.
Core responsibilities for this role include:
- Owns all facets of the account management process for medium to large accounts and develops strategic relationships.
- Implement account management best practices and SOPs into the business development framework.
- Analyze territory trends, diagnose root cause of performance and create actionable plans for operational improvements.
- Support internal partners in driving change, removing roadblocks and increasing participation by local Sellers with respect to the Amazon Global Selling business.
- Utilizes tools and helps ensure tools evolve with business needs.
- Dives deep on customer-level issues and delivers recommendations.
- Builds reports for external and internal partners.
- Contributes to product enhancements.