Amazon is looking for a Software Development Manager to lead and grow a technical team for a new initiative within Alexa search. Alexa search is part of our ongoing Alexa Information efforts focused on reinventing information extraction and retrieval for a voice-forward, multi-modal future.
As a Manager of Software Development, you will be responsible for leading a team of engineers in design, development, test, and deployment of innovative solutions within a smart and passionate multi-disciplinary team. As successful candidate, you will have an established a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment. This is a distinctive opportunity to hire and build your team to bring a new service to market.
What you will do
- Be very hands-on: work closely with engineers to design and build scalable technical solutions, manage the day-to-day development activities, participate in design review, code review, and implementation
- Equip the team with the necessary resources to execute on aggressive timelines
- Manage staffing, program resources, and professional development
- Help define the product roadmap and priorities, report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to senior management
- Work across multiple teams to remove obstacles and external dependencies