At Amazon, we believe the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the massively shared live streams and online experiences of today, will continue to a future where everyone is a gamer, and every gamer can create, compete, collaborate and connect with others at massive scales. If you share our belief that games will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art, come join us!
We are looking for an Art Manager to join our New World team at Amazon Game Studios, Orange County. New World is a Sandbox MMO set in an alternate version of the 17th Century. As New World’s Art Manager you’ll be responsible for the management of the New World art and animation team. You will work with production to schedule and task. You will be responsible for the overall growth and improvement of the art department. While a background in AAA art is desired, it’ll be a combination of your experience managing creative people and an understanding of game development that will define success. We are looking for a manager who guides artists to success, both individually and as a department delivering on the Art Director’s vision. In this role you will…
- Manage individual contributors, people managers and production of New World’s animation and art departments
- Manage communication, provide feedback to artists, and maintain a strong creative relationship between production, design, programming and art & animation team.
- Encourage communication within and across disciplines
- Offer collaboration and critique guidance
- Add process to ensure cross discipline creativity is upheld
- Foster positive work environment
- Provide executive support to New World’s Art Director.
- Work with Game Director, Executive Producer and Art Director to communicate upward to senior stakeholders
- Supervise staff and work with team leads to identify and set priorities.
- Regular and ongoing 1 on 1s with all artists and animators, Identify career path and growth opportunities for staff
- Conduct performance reviews, career coaching and artist development
- Develop goals supporting individual growth, team improvement/growth, and company value
- Create and implement action plans for the department's future success, emphasizing training and development
- Manage capacity planning