Do you have the passion to analyze data to uncover patterns and to build predictive models? Do you want to make an impact in Amazon’s Global Security Operations? We are looking for a talented Business Intelligence Engineer (BIE) who can help optimize analytical best practices to measure Amazon’s incident life-cycle management and reporting.
The Global Security Operations (GSO) team is seeking an experienced Business Intelligence Engineer, based in Goodyear, Arizona, for its Last Mile Emergency Team (LMET) to design, develop and manage reporting and analytics, including data interpretation, trending analysis , and overall department initiatives. In this position, you will research data and develop tools in various systems to support full incident lifecycle reporting to the Global Emergency Escalations & Operations Manager.
To ensure success around this function, the successful candidate should display an open and receptive interest in Security & Crisis Management to enable the GSOC leadership team through the development of global reporting mechanisms. This role will play an indirect leadership function to a 24/7 crisis management organization by using data to influence behaviors and goals.
You will need to interact extensively with cross-functional groups such as database engineering, software developers, and management. Excellent listening, writing, verbal communication skills, and very strong technical competency are essential. You will build and deliver on-time database platforms and proper integration with other applications and systems through effective web-based development. You must possess strong leadership skills, be detail-oriented, a quick decision maker, work with data, and have a passion for getting things right. You must have a passion to drive permanent removal of defects, and ensure highest quality of service provided in an efficient, effective, and proactive manner.
· Ability to gain a thorough understanding of Amazon Crisis Management best practices, and raise that performance bar through data.
· Indirect leadership of Security Risk Analysts as an acting “Crisis Manager” on the LMET team as needed
· Technical expert in the use of data mining, scoping and building reports and analytics for use by the GSOC LMET
· Meeting deliverables under high pressure, often ad-hoc, timeframes
· Supporting business goals in collaboration with GSOC LMET program management team and stakeholders
· Monitoring existing metrics, analyzing data and partnering with internal teams to identify process and system improvement opportunities
· Tracking, monitor and report on metrics which are key performance indicators, allowing performance improvements so that the desired outcomes are timely achieved
· Ensuring all programs comply with Amazon InfoSec standards
· Responding to database related alerts and escalations and working with team to identify root causes and resolve barriers