Who we are:
Fabric.com is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Amazon.com and is the leading online fabric store that specializes in fabric, patterns, and accessories. Headquartered just outside Atlanta, Fabric.com strives to be the most trusted and inspirational fabric store in the world, providing a flawless customer experience through passion and continuous innovation. We are part of Amazon’s drive to become the Earth’s most customer-centric company.
What you’ll be doing:
As a key member of Fabric’s Data team, you will work alongside a small group of Data Engineers and Data Scientists. You will help build and manage fabric’s reporting and ETL infrastructure. You will work directly with business partners to gather requirements and build solutions for them. You will report to the Data Engineering manager and you will become a go-to person in the organization for all things data.
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for a passionate engineer who has a strong track record of building solutions to help business partners make data driven decisions. If you love building reports and systems to help business owners answer questions with data this may be the position for you. If you have experience transforming and moving data this may be the position for you. If you’re a self-starter and have AWS experience, this might be your next step. If you are interested, please send your resume today.
• Design, implement, and support an analytical data infrastructure providing ad hoc access to large datasets.
• Build robust and scalable data integration (ETL) pipelines using SQL, Python, and SSIS.
• Collaborate with business partners, gathering requirements and delivering complete reporting solutions.
• Conduct deep dive investigations into business problems.
• Managing AWS resources including EC2, RDS, Redshift, etc.
• Bachelor's degree or higher in a quantitative/technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering)
• 5+ years relevant work experience in Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing.
• 5+ years of hands-on experience in writing complex, highly-optimized SQL queries across large datasets.
• Coding proficiency in at least one modern programming language (e.g. Python, Java, etc.).
• Demonstrated strength in Data Modeling, ETL Development, and Data Warehousing.
• Direct experience with a business intelligence reporting tool (Microsoft BI suite, SAP Business Objects, MicroStrategy, etc.)
• Direct experience with an ETL tool (SSIS, Data Integrator, etc.)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• DBA experience managing large-scale production SQL Server or Postgres environments.
• Experience developing SSIS packages.
• Experience with AWS services including S3, Redshift, EMR, Quicksight, Lambda, Kinesis,and RDS
• Experience performing data migrations between complex systems.
• Knowledge of software coding practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations.