Amazon Web Services is a dynamic and rapidly growing business within Amazon.com. We are building some of the largest and most complex distributed systems in the world, and we need world class people to help us implement and operate them.
AWS built a specialized group of service teams responsible for the work we are doing with the U.S. Intelligence Community. Engineers on these teams implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems. To continue being an industry leader in this space we are in constant need for highly skilled engineers that currently possess and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
To meet this demand we designed a unique interviewing opportunity for candidates that hold this desired clearance. Our interviewing model occurs in two phases and is focused on aligning you with the right role and the team that needs you the most!
- Phase one is the phone screen, where you will interview with an engineer to focus on your technical and cultural aptitude for AWS.
- Phase two is the on-site, where you will have the opportunity to continue demonstrating your skills while also meeting with two different service team managers.
This model is available for Support Engineers, Systems Engineers, and Systems Development Engineers that currently possess and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph. This specific requisition is for Senior Systems Engineers in Seattle, WA.
As a Senior Systems Engineer:
- You play a leadership role in your team – they look to you for advice on the technical and business issues facing them.
- You are right, a lot. You get a lot done.
- You work very efficiently and routinely deliver the right things.
- You work on and routinely deliver solutions with a system-wide, architectural view, where there is a high potential for risk that impact the Amazon enterprise environment.
- You have built multiple high-performance, stable, scalable systems that have been successfully deployed in an enterprise setting.
- Your work and your approach to work are exemplary – you drive best practices and set standards for your team.
- Other engineers in your department regard you as an expert in one or more technical areas.
- You provide advice and mentoring to other engineers.
- You are a key influencer in your team’s strategy and contribute significantly to team planning.
- You show good judgement making technical trade-offs between your group’s short term and long term business needs, and the needs of the company as a whole.
- When confronted with discordant views, you find the best way forward and convince your team.
- You are vocally self-critical.
- You proactively contribute to knowledge-sharing across the Amazon developer community.
- You demonstrate resilience and navigate difficult situations with composure and tact.