Amazon Web Services is a dynamic and rapidly growing business within Amazon.com. We are building some of the largest and most complex distributed systems in the world, and we need world class people to help us implement and operate them.
AWS built a specialized group of service teams responsible for the work we are doing with the U.S. Intelligence Community. Engineers on these teams implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems. To continue being an industry leader in this space we are in constant need for highly skilled engineers that currently possess and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
To meet this demand we designed a unique interviewing opportunity for candidates that hold this desired clearance. Our interviewing model occurs in two phases and is focused on aligning you with the right role and the team that needs you the most!
- Phase one is the phone screen, where you will interview with an engineer to focus on your technical and cultural aptitude for AWS.
- Phase two is the on-site, where you will have the opportunity to continue demonstrating your skills while also meeting with two different service team managers.
This model is available for Support Engineers, Systems Engineers, and Systems Development Engineers that currently possess and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph. This specific requisition is for Systems Engineers in Seattle, WA.
As a Systems Engineer:
- You use technology to solve business problems.
- The scope of projects you are involved with are typically focused around enhancing team functionality with little potential for risk.
- The solutions you build will regularly require input and guidance from team members.
- You work towards team goals, using software and systems engineering best practices.
- You proactively and continually improve your level of knowledge about Amazon’s business and relevant technologies. You use this knowledge to drive your team forward.
- You communicate professionally with your team and other teams in your division, knowing when to contribute and when to listen.
- Your work is accurate and thorough and you strive towards excellence.