Amazon Web Services is a dynamic and rapidly growing business within Amazon.com. We are building some of the largest and most complex distributed systems in the world, and we need world class people to help us implement and operate them.
AWS built a specialized group of service teams responsible for the work we are doing with the U.S. Intelligence Community. Engineers on these teams implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems. To continue being an industry leader in this space we are in constant need for highly skilled engineers that currently possess and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
To meet this demand we designed a unique interviewing opportunity for candidates that hold this desired clearance. Our interviewing model occurs in two phases and is focused on aligning you with the right role and the team that needs you the most!
- Phase one is the phone screen, where you will interview with an engineer to focus on your technical and cultural aptitude for AWS.
- Phase two is the on-site, where you will have the opportunity to continue demonstrating your skills while also meeting with two different service team managers.
This model is available for Support Engineers, Systems Engineers, and Systems Development Engineers that currently possess and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph. This specific requisition is for Systems Engineers in Herndon, VA.
As a Systems Engineer:
- You are a significant contributor to your team and to your department.
- You are involved in projects where there is some potential for risk.
- Your customers are typically teams in your department.
- You solve complex and broad business problems with simple and straightforward solutions, applying appropriate technologies and software engineering best practices.
- You build solutions that scale and perform.
- You do things properly and thoroughly the first time and you improve your systems with each iteration.
- Your team trusts your work.
- You are considered knowledgeable in certain key areas by others on your team, and they look to you for assistance in those areas.
- You participate fully and constructively in the planning of your team’s work.
- You help to evolve your team’s practices, constantly looking for improvements.
- You work with relevant personnel across Amazon on project issues, and you seek to share knowledge across the Amazon engineering community.
- When confronted with discordant views, you foster constructive dialogue and seek resolutions in a professional way.