Amazon Web Services is a dynamic and rapidly growing business within Amazon.com. We are building some of the largest and most complex distributed systems in the world, and we need world class people to help us implement and operate them.
AWS built a specialized group of service teams responsible for the work we are doing with the U.S. Intelligence Community. Engineers on these teams implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems. To continue being an industry leader in this space we are in constant need for highly skilled engineers that currently possess and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
To meet this demand we designed a unique interviewing opportunity for candidates that hold this desired clearance. Our interviewing model occurs in two phases and is focused on aligning you with the right role and the team that needs you the most!
- Phase one is the phone screen, where you will interview with an engineer to focus on your technical and cultural aptitude for AWS.
- Phase two is the on-site, where you will have the opportunity to continue demonstrating your skills while also meeting with two different service team managers.
This model is available for Support Engineers, Systems Engineers, and Systems Development Engineers that currently possess and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph. This specific requisition is for Support Engineers in Herndon, VA.
As a Support Engineer:
- You are a technical lead on your team and act as a subject matter expert for one or more services.
- You are viewed as a support leader throughout the larger organization and are regularly engaged to work on cross-team planning.
- You lead large multi-team projects and resolve the most complex support issues.
- You understand the business impact of support decisions.
- You drive the team to improve operational efficiency for all services through the identification and development of SLAs, metrics, monitors, procedures, tools, and documentation.
- You think proactively and work to prevent support issues before they are realized.
- You participate in design reviews to identify and mitigate support risks.
- You work closely with development and QA teams to improve the change management life-cycle.
- You have a deep understanding of production architecture and are familiar with operating system best practices.
- You identify and drive small production architecture changes.
- You regularly work with management to assign tasks and small projects to other Support Engineers.
- You design and develop complex high performing scripts and applications.
- You work with other Amazon leaders to share ideas and improve support across the company.
- You take a role in the strategic direction of the team.
- You play a significant role in hiring, mentoring, and training employees.
- You demonstrate excellent judgment when making decisions.