Amazon Web Services is a dynamic and rapidly growing business within Amazon.com. We are building some of the largest and most complex distributed systems in the world, and we need world class people to help us implement and operate them.
AWS built a specialized group of service teams responsible for the work we are doing with the U.S. Intelligence Community. Engineers on these teams implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems. To continue being an industry leader in this space we are in constant need for highly skilled engineers that currently possess and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
To meet this demand we designed a unique interviewing opportunity for candidates that hold this desired clearance. Our interviewing model occurs in two phases and is focused on aligning you with the right role and the team that needs you the most!
- Phase one is the phone screen, where you will interview with an engineer to focus on your technical and cultural aptitude for AWS.
- Phase two is the on-site, where you will have the opportunity to continue demonstrating your skills while also meeting with two different service team managers.
This model is available for Support Engineers, Systems Engineers, and Systems Development Engineers that currently possess and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph. This specific requisition is for Support Engineers in Seattle, WA.
As a Support Engineer:
- You play a leadership role on your team by becoming a subject matter expert on one or more services.
- You own support activities for these services and regularly work with development teams to establish and improve service support.
- You operate with limited guidance from management and aggressively drive issues to resolution.
- You understand the business logic and architecture of your supported services that enable you to regularly resolve undocumented trouble tickets.
- You are able to read and understand complex application code and make approved code fixes to resolve support issues.
- You provide mentoring, training, documentation, and tools to other Support Engineers to enable them to perform support activities.
- You regularly contribute to the creation and improvement of all support documentation.
- You may perform code builds and deployments communicating status regularly before, during, and after each deployment.
- You create and interpret metrics that measure support success and service performance.
- You help develop and refine operational policies and procedures used by your team and internal customers.
- You work on support projects that are large in scope and lead other Support Engineers on smaller projects.
- You participate fully and constructively in the planning of your team’s work.
- You have the ability to write simple and efficient tools to improve operational efficiency.
- You contribute to design and development of support tools using software engineering best practices.
- You mentor other Support Engineers and are involved in hiring.